Dishes Come Out Dirty From The Dishwasher
Our technicians at Target Appliance Repair know that feeling you get when something appears to be dramatically wrong with one of your major appliances. Whether the fridge suddenly stops cooling, or if your dishwasher is turning out load after a load of dirty dishes, we understand that things can suddenly get very stressful. If a major appliance ceases to function as it should, our thoughts immediately turn to costly repairs. We even start to imagine if there’s enough in the budget to justify something like a new dishwasher.
To be sure, your dishwasher goes through a lot. It is also true that eventually, your dishwasher will stop working. The responsibility on your end is to ensure that your dishwasher runs at least the full course of its expected lifespan.
My Dishes Are Coming Out Dirty From The Dishwasher!
Imagine the following scenario: You put a load in the dishwasher, add your soap and other essentials, and hit them on the switch. After the normal amount of time passes, you open the dishwasher to discover that everything is exactly as it was before. Everything is still filthy. This is not a great thing to confront, but it happens often enough.
One of the most frustrating things about dishwashers is the fact that when something goes wrong, there are a number of potential culprits that you need to consider. This rule definitely applies to the issue of dishes coming out dirty from the dishwasher. Our professionals can get to the root of the problem quickly, but there are a number of things you can try on your own, as well.
Dishes Coming Out Dirty from The Dishwasher: What To Do
While we can’t cover the full list of potential reasons for dishes coming out dirty from the dishwasher, we can touch on some potential possibilities. These are certain things you can discuss with one of our technicians:
- Upper discharge housing gasket: Found along with your discharge cover, which is located above your circulation impeller, this is a common cause for dishwasher problems. If the gasket is loose, tighten it. If the gasket appears to be significantly worn down, strongly consider a replacement.
- Spray arms: This is another common problem. The first thing you should do is make sure your spray arms can move without any obstructions. The bearing ring for one of your spray arms could have become loose. Tighten it, or consider replacing the ring altogether, if it looks to be pretty worn down. Look for holes along the spray arms, and look for bits of food and other debris that might be clogging up those holes.
- Docking station: Is the middle spray arm for your dishwasher connected to an adjusting upper rack? If so, make sure the docking station is properly attached to your water’s supply tubing. The flappers should be able to move with ease, and you should also be able to close them without any issues. If there any cracks along with your plastic pieces, then consider a replacement.
- Chopper: This part of your dishwasher is responsible for chopping up the food debris that is blasted from your dishes and utensils. The chopper works correctly when it can slice up the debris to the point where that debris is able to pass through your drain portion along with your dishwasher’s pump. If you find food bits in your pump, then check the chopper. If it looks worn down or even visibly damaged, then a replacement is almost certainly your best bet.
- Dispenser: Specifically, we’re talking about the detergent dispenser. The first thing you need to do is make certain that you are using the best possible detergent. You may also want to consider using a powder since those tend to dissolve more quickly during a cycle. We would even suggest adding some detergent to your pre-wash cup if you have one. Check to make sure nothing is clogged, and make sure you are using enough detergent with respect to the local conditions of your water.
There are a number of other potential causes to your current dishwasher woes. Again, the last thing you really want to do in a situation such as this is panic. We can understand the concern you may have, but there is often a straightforward solution. In many situations, it is simply a matter of replacing a specific part. It could very easily be one of the parts we mentioned above.
If you don’t want to take any chances, or if none of the possibilities above apply to what you’re going through, then don’t be afraid to contact us for assistance. We can be there to properly address the situation in short order.